Poland Study Visa

Poland Study Visa

by nabeel

If you would like to study in Poland, you need to fulfill certain requirements. But don’t get discouraged! They are not more complicated than those in your own country. Don’t forget that our Agents are ready to help you any time.
First of all, you need to graduate from a school, which enables you to pursue further education at an academic level . Secondly, you need to legalize your stay in Poland for the period of your studies. Thirdly, you need to look after your health and safety. Finally, depending on the language you wish to study in, you need to submit a certificate confirming your knowledge at a proficient level, be it English or Polish.

In order to study in Poland, you need to have completed a second level education and have a leaving certificate confirming you are eligible to apply to university. If you passed the International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate exams, you can freely apply for undergraduate studies at a Polish University.

If, however, you only have an equivalent qualification from your home country, it needs to be legally recognized at one of the Polish diplomatic outposts or another appropriate institution. Legalization means certifying that your diploma is in compliance with the law of the country it was issued in. Next, you have to verify it with the Polish law. This process of granting recognition of a degree from a foreign university is called nostrification.

Similarly, in order to be accepted for the postgraduate studies, you need to present an undergraduate diploma from a Polish institution or an overseas equivalent, also recognized in Poland. You are obliged to present nostrification of your foreign diploma to a Polish University by the end of the first term. If you are not sure how to do that, please contact our Agent. They will give you all the information required.

Student Visa image:
Think Poland helps students to apply for a student visa to Poland. The procedures may vary depending on the country you come from. However, some of the requirements remain the same for all the countries and they include:

– A filled-in visa application form
– Valid passport
– Official letter of acceptance to a school in Poland
– A short CV
– Your school certificates and diplomas
– Evidence of proficiency in the language in which you wish to study
– Confirmation of having the funds for studying and living in Poland
– Health insurance
– A photo
If you would like to learn the requirements for visa application from your country, feel free to contact us!

Top Stay permit image:
Another condition you need to fulfill to be able to study in Poland is to legalize your stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland. If you are a European Union (EU) citizen and you would like to stay longer than three months in Poland, you need to register your stay in the country. If you are a non-EU citizen, you need to obtain a visa at a Polish consulate in your home country before your arrival in Poland. Once in Poland, in order to prolong your stay, you need to apply for a Temporary Stay Card – karta czasowego pobytu – 45 days before your visa expires. To arrange this, feel free to contact one of Think Poland agents.

Health and Security:
Moreover, if you decide to study in Poland, you need to obtain a doctor’s certificate confirming that you can freely undertake study in the field of your choice. Additionally, you need to be insured during your total stay in Poland. The health service in Poland is not free to public and therefore you should hold an insurance policy in the event of an illness or an accident. If you are a EU citizen and possess an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you can take advantage of Polish health services free of charge. If, however, you do not have such a card, you can buy health insurance in the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) for about 40 PLN per month. Based on the bilateral country agreement the citizens of Great Britain, Sweden and Slovakia, can take advantage of Polish health services free of charge, while Czech students can use it in case of an emergency or a sudden illness. If you have any doubts about which insurance you should pick for your stay in Poland, do not hesitate to ask one of our Think Poland agents. That’s what they are for!

You do not have to be fluent in Polish in order to begin studies in Poland. The knowledge of English, French or German suffices. In order to apply for a given course, you will need to present a document confirming your knowledge of a foreign language at a sufficient level to participate in the classes. According to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, you would have to have one of the following certificates: FCE, CAE or CPE for studies in English, DEFL B2 for studies in French or Zertificat Deutsch Plus 3 for German studies. Some Universities do not require certificates as they conduct their own language tests as part of their admission procedure. You can find out in the individual course’s description whether such exams are part of the admission procedures or if a certificate suffices.

If, however, you would like to study in Polish, you need to prove that your knowledge of the language is proficient enough to actively participate in the classes. To do so, you need to pass the State Certificate in Polish as a Foreign Language. To find out more about this exam, please contact Think Poland agents or State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language.

Bookmark this on Google Bookmarks
Share on LinkedIn